When looking for a leather sofa, you need to look for the best brands of leather sofas in 2020. But, you need to keep in mind that there is no absolute best or worst manufacturer of leather furniture.
A quick look at this comprehensive guide of best brands of leather sofas in 2020, helps you in making up your mind.
To consider your space, your style, and other aspects while selecting a sofa is important.
Check these below:
- Sectional Sofa 80 Inches
- Best Sofas on a Budget
- Small Apartment Sectional Sofa
- Sleeper Sofa Under 300
- Most Comfortable Leather Sofa
Moreover, while selecting you need to look for the best brands of leather sofas. This helps in comparing different aspects of each category and in picking the best out of all.
Everything is important to ensure that you have bought a leather sofa that would give you comfort along with durability.
Leather sofas – are a piece of cushioned furniture that provides comfort beyond a velvet and wool fabric sofa.
Some leather sofa manufacturers offer consistent fabric tone and others offer a more worn-out look.
Hence, it is important to pay attention to the details like; the different grains, textures, and coatings in a leather sofa.
Leather can be classified by different grades, each of them has its own meaning and quality.
Primarily, there are following types of leather that have been used for making leather products;
1. FULL GRAIN LEATHER
The most authentic type of leather, used in furniture making. The procedures involved in the making of this type of leather are:
- Hair removal from the hide of animals.
- Soaking it in a natural dye, usually vegetable dye.
No additional treatment is done to the leather.
Though, it retains the look and texture of the actual hide.
Therefore, the texture of full grain leather is tough at first but softens with use.
Since this type of leather is so pure, it is of the highest price among all the other leather types.
2. Top Grain Leather
Comparatively this type of leather gets a little more polishing than full-grain leather.
However, it is very similar to full grain in its purity.
This leather goes through a buffering process. Therefore, this process makes it softer than the full-grain leather, but with the same durability and longevity.
Although, if you desire to go for a softer look and feel, go for top grain instead of the more rugged full-grain leather.
3. Split Grain Leather
Splint Grain Leather is made when the top outer layer of leather is removed.
Therefore, it is less expensive, however, it is harder in texture. Additionally, it is more difficult to maintain than the other higher-quality types.
4. Bonded Leather
This is the best choice for when you want to have that high-quality leather look, but, at a lower cost.
This leather is made from the scraps of other leather projects. Furthermore, these are then rolled up using an adhesive material. The end product usually contains 17% leather but still manages to give a leather look and smell.
5. Nubuck Leather
This type of leather is made using only the rawhide from cattle. Which is then sanded to give it a suede-like, soft appearance?
This type of leather is known for its fragility and therefore requires waterproofing treatment for long time usage.
6. Bi-Cast Leather
It is basically split-grain with a coating of polyurethane. This makes it look like top grain leather.
It is less expensive than top grain. It tends to peel and crack if not treated right.
7. Faux Leather
A leather type that does not use any animal hide is Faux leather.
Although technology has not yet made it possible to reach the benchmark of real, original leather.
However, it has improved enough that faux leather furniture is durable and looks great.
The most important aspect considered is quality, when it comes to furniture. Compromise on quality will only make you suffer.
Classification of BEST BRANDS OF LEATHER SOFAS
|Lowest Quality||Fair Quality||Good Quality||Better Quality||Best Quality|
|Chateau d’Aux||Klaussner-Sealy||Elite||Leathercraft||Classic leather|
|Lane||Palliser||Flexsteel||Stressless by Ekornes||Hancock & Moore|
Ranking Based on leather quality, construction, Attention to Upholstery Details and Value for money.
Where 10 = POOR, 50 = AVERAGE and 100 = EXCELLENT
|Leather sofa Brand||Construction||Leather Quality||Attention to Upholstery Details||Value for money|
|Chateau d Aux||40||60||60||50|
|Klaussner – Sealy||50||50||50||60|
|Stressless by Ekornes||90||95||90||70|
TOP PICKS FOR BEST BRANDS OF LEATHER SOFAS
You now have good knowledge about the best brands of leather sofa, therefore picking up the best will now be much easier than before.
Hence, here are some recommendations of our top picks
1. Serta RTA Palisades Collection 73” Bonded Leather Sofa
This is an amazing mix of form and function, therefore it brings style, comfort, and stability for your home.
- Vacuum sealed cushions that automatically adjusts according to your position
- Sofa design supported by top-quality hardwood materials
- High-density supportive foam
- Bonded leather fabric
- Perfect for price-conscious buyers
- Comfort and convenience
- Versatile design and functionality
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Extra comfort
- Wide availability
- Quality hardwood construction
- Superior Quality
- Can be a bit crampy for studio apartments
2. Rivet Aiden Tufted Leather Bench Seat Sofa
The mid-century design fulfills modern needs.
- Tufted leather bench seat cushion
- Sturdy hardwood frame
- Firm padding
- Sleek and Classic design
- Simple assembly
- 1-year warranty
- Soft top-grain leather in premium finish
- Compact profile
- Easily availability
- Can be expensive for some households
3. Lifestyle Furniture Contemporary Leather Living Room Sectional Sofa Set
A 3 piece black contemporary sectioning and chaise is beautifully supported.
- Made with faux leather finish
- Firm mattress
- Large in size and therefore can accommodate 4 – 5 people at once
- Comes with one free storage ottoman and two square pillows
- Cross-functional sectional sofa set
- Easily customized, simple assembly
- Suitable for large families
- Suitable for large houses
- Price can be high for some people
4. Home Elegance Bonded Leather Match Sofa
Homegrown 9734DB-3 upholstered leather sofa brings beautiful form to give you a pleasant piece of furniture. Additionally, this sofa comes in an exciting brown bonded leather, however, this compliments every interior.
- Made with brown bonded leather and bi-cast vinyl fabric
- Retro styling in design
- 3-set combination with intricate details
- Thick padding
Furthermore, it is available in 3 styles:
- Black blonded leather
- Dark brown leather
- Chocolate microfiber plush
Therefore on the availability of its types, you can easily pick the right finish to complement your decor.
- Contemporary design
- Bonded leather upholstery
- Comes with matching chair and loveseat
- Eye-catching design
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Retro looks
- Wide availability
- Price can be high for some people
5. Case Andrea Milano Bonded Leather Double Recliner Sofa
This, 30 pounds lightweight double recliner leather sofa comes in a plush bonded leather material.
Therefore, a perfect example of classy design with long-lasting comfort.
A seat height of 20″ and a seat depth of 61″, therefore, ends up providing superior comfort and coziness.
- Equipped with a lever-action reclining mechanism
- Overstuffed arms, seats, and backs with high-density foam
- Seats are plush and recline easily
- Materials used are top-notch and are therefore designed for durability
- Plush leather upholstery with a beautiful presence
- High-density foam for extra firmness
- Lever action mechanism for smooth and easy operation
- Reclining design for more room
- Compact profile
- Care can be problem overtime, Mechanical parts may need extra attention
Choosing a sofa is not an easy task. Especially when it comes to a leather sofa, therefore taking all the points into consideration is a must.
However, many of us might not be able to choose the best among the rest because of the lack of awareness. Prior research may ease this trouble of selecting the best sofa. Therefore the best sofa is that fulfills not just your needs but desires as well.
Therefore, knowing about the sofa structure is never enough and you need to know all about the quality of leather as well. Leather being a symbol of luxury has its own
Also read: How to buy a sofa online?